Recently I stayed at the W hotel in San Francisco and was really impressed by the hotel's decor. One of my favorite elements of the hotel room was the desk and work area. The desk area made great use of space with a sleek desk, cube shelves, and a wall mounted flat screen tv hidden inside a wall cabinet with sliding mirror doors. It also had fun touches like a color changing Buddah lamp, kaleidoscope, and bright green accents.
This workspace is easy to re-create for a home office and is perfect for a small space. Check out how I affordable recreated this modern workspace for a home office:
- A white desk with glass top from CB2 is great look-a-like desk with a reasonable price tag.
- A white modern office chair from CB2 is a nearly identical match to the chair used in the hotel room.
- The paper desk lamp from Target recreates the look of the paper wall sconces hung on the room's opposite wall.
- A horizontal wall cabinet with sliding doors from Ikea is a similar look to mount underneath of a flatscreen tv, complete with a bright background color.
- Bookshelves from Target complete the room's look and add sleek and modern storage.
- Color changing orbs from Target and an authentic kaleidoscope from the W store add some fun touches and finish the room's look.
That is one of my favorite suggestions I give to my clients. Finding a hotel that a couple likes can really bridge a design philosophy difference and hotels always have neat and space saving ideas!
Francesca, thanks so much! I'm thrilled you're enjoying my blog!
Post a Comment