I have a bread recipe you'll go bananas over…healthy banana bread! I’m a big fan of sweet treats, but I’m also a fan of healthy eating so this banana bread recipe is not only tasty, but is also reduced fat and healthier than traditional banana bread! Plus it’s super easy!
To make the recipe healthier than traditional banana bread, I use whole wheat flour, no butter, and egg substitute. But what the bread lacks in calories, it makes up in taste, that’s why its packed with walnuts and chocolate chips.
Healthy Banana Bread Recipe
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1.5 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup Better than Eggs or other egg substitute (equivalent to 2 eggs)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-3 mashed bananas
1/4 cup cooking oil
1/4 cup applesauce
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease 9x5x3 loaf pan with non-stick baking spray.
3. In a large bowl combine dry ingredients: all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon. Mix using a whisk and set aside.
4. Mash 2-3 bananas. (I use a large spoon and measuring cup to mash until smooth)
5. In a large bowl combine egg substitute, sugar, vanilla extract, mashed bananas, oil, and applesauce.
6. Add dry ingredients to egg mixture and stir.
7. Fold in walnuts and chocolate chips.
8. Spoon into prepared pan.
9. Bake for 55 – 60 minutes (or 45 – 55 minutes in a toaster oven) or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
10. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
This recipe is shared on Sugar Bee, stop by to see some of the other great recipes shared.