It's been a while since I did a modernized a TV show home set, but upon a reader request's I wanted to update the set of Fraiser (you can check out my past TV updates: The Golden Girls, Three's Company and The Brady Bunch here).
Dr. Fraiser Crane, a bachelor with a refined taste for the finer things in life, lived in his Seattle apartment with his father Marty. We watched Fraiser in his apartment from 1993 to 2004, during which time he had a contemporary style. He had a neutral living room, except of course for Marty's old recliner chair.
In the dining area, Fraiser had a pedestal table with glass top and neutral chair.
Fraiser's set still has a lot of elements which could still be stylish today, but I'd like to think that if Fraiser was still living in Seattle he'd have a more modern and minimalistic style these days.
Here's how I'd modernize Fraiser's apartment if the TV show took place today:
- New neutral sofa. Still neutral, but with a sleeker design (Crate & Barrel)
- Curved console table (West Elm)
- Modern coffee table. I think Fraiser would be into more minimalist look these days. (Crate & Barrel)
- Floor lamp to update the torch lights he has at the back of the room. (Pottery Barn)
- Modern recliner. I think Martin would agree to this sleek, but comfy chair. (West Elm)
- Wood and metal side table, perfect for holding Martin's beer and remote. (West Elm)
- Glass dining table. Still glass, but a new look. (Crate & Barrel)
- Cutback chairs. Since the rest of the room is neutral, I think Fraiser would like these patterned chairs. (Target)
That's how I imagine Fraiser living these days, back in his Seattle pad. Did you watch Fraiser? I still like to catch the re-runs on TV. I have a lot of fun putting these looks together, so leave a comment if there are any other TV shows you'd like to see updated.